Extreme Summer tire designed for drivers who want it all
- Tire compound that reaches operating temperature quickly and provides excellent dry traction while retaining good heat cycling properties.
- Reinforced casing and sidewall design provides telepathic response for the ultimate driving experience.
- Tread pattern design maximizes dry performance while minimizing white knuckle moments in wet weather.
- Due to the nature of the tread compound, these tires require special care when storing near freezing temperatures.
- UTQG 200 AA A
- This product is excluded from the Maxxis Automotive Warranty
- *Denotes sizes featuring our improved S2 compound. Maxxis does not advise mixing S1 and S2 compound tires on the same vehicle.
The VR-1 features a compound that gets up to operating temperatures quickly and provides tenacious dry traction on the street or during competition. The engineers also made sure the compound heat cycled well so the tire stays fast throughout the life of the tire. The new pattern was designed to maximize dry performance while minimzing white knuckle moments under wet weather. UTQG 200 AA A
|Part Number||Size||Service Desc||Side Wall||Overall Diameter (In.)||Section Width (In.)||Max PSI||Max Load (lbs)||Rim Width (In.)||Tread Depth (nn/32 in.)|
COLD WEATHER STORAGE NOTICE
For Cold Weather Storage (short-term or extended):
When the Maxxis competition tires are exposed to temperatures below 32ºF (0ºC), the unique racing rubber compounds used in these tires will lose their flexibility. This loss in flexibility can lead to potential cracking and other damage to the tire.
TO MINIMIZE THE CHANCES OF THIS HAPPENING, CONSUMERS AND INSTALLERS ARE ADVISED TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Do not move or operate the car with these tires mounted on the vehicle if conditions are below 32ºF (0ºC). ALWAYS INSPECT FOR SIGNS OF CRACKING! NEVER USE TIRES THAT HAVE CRACKED!
- Always store these tires indoors and at temperatures above 32ºF (0ºC).
- Avoid transporting and handling these tires in conditions below 32°F (0°C).
- Do not mount or dismount these tires when the surrounding work area temperature is under 50ºF (10ºC). ALWAYS INSPECT FOR SIGNS OF CRACKING! NEVER USE TIRES THAT HAVE CRACKED!
- Before mounting or dismounting, store these tires indoors for at least 24 hours in a temperature-controlled area of 68ºF (20ºC) or warmer. ALWAYS INSPECT FOR SIGNS OF CRACKING! NEVER USE TIRES THAT HAVE CRACKED!
- Remove these tires from the vehicle and deflate to half the normal air pressure during prolonged periods of non-use or storage.